Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... Last

Thread: Elsword - Lord Knight Skill Build PvP and PvE

Elsword - Lord Knight Skill Build PvP and PvE

Elsword - Lord Knight Skill build

This is my First Ever Guide in for this Forum. YAY ME!!!
    This is based on the lv 50 cap and the new skill revamp (but this builds are opt for lvl 65)
    I will update every skill cap raise (mostly lv 55 60 65)

I will also be posting some other guides for other Jobs (probably Code Architect/Empress or Wind Sneaker) or some other jobs if you want to request some
    For those who wants to the lv 55+ guides please send me a message :3
    Enjoy!

Change Log:

Ver 1.1:
    - Added some diversity with the PvP build (courtesy of Kultosis, Thnx man )

Ver1.2:
    - Added Sections to this guide.
    - Added the optimized skill build for the level cap. for PvP and PvE

Ver1.3:
    -Added the Combo Section

Ver2.1:
    -section 1.3 updated
    -Skill builds updated for lvl 50 cap.
    -I'll try and add some additional tips and hints later (gotta max me Lk again and advance me Eve :3)

Ver2.2
    -added Skill Icons in Section 1
    -Section 2 Fixed

Ver2.3
    -Missing Stoic in section 1.3 fixed
    -Updated section 3

ver2.4
    -Updated Section 3 again (El shards and Socketing)
    -Fixed some minor errors
    -added Table of Contents.
    -deleted some skill builds cause it feels unnecessary.

Table of Contents

Sections:[*]1. Skill Explanation
    [*]1.1 Knight (Base Job)
    [*]1.2 Sword Knight (First Job)
    [*]1.1 Lord Knight (Second Job)
    [*]2. Builds
    [*]2.1 Optimized Skill Build (lv 48 cap)
    [*]2.2 Optimized Skill Build (lv 50 cap)
    [*]3. Tips and Tricks
    [*]3.1 Combos
    [*]3.2 Skill Slots
    [*]3.3 Skill Book and Notes
    [*]3.3.1 Base Job Skill Notes
    [*]3.3.2 Sword Knight Skill Notes
    [*]3.3.3 Skill Notes Recommendation
    [*]3.4 El Shards
    [*]3.4.1 Stacking Elemental Effects
    [*]3.4.2 Instant Effect Elements
    [*]3.4.3 El Shards for Weapons
    [*]3.4.4 El Shards for Armors
    [*]3.5 Socketing Eqps
    [*]3.5.1 Recommended Stats
    [*]3.5.2 Recommended Sockets

In this guide, I will list down important skills that we need to for Lord Knight only. Let?s take a look at his new Skill Tree first.

Section 1 - Skill Explanations

Section 1.1 - Knight (Base Job)

Important Note:

Before we start, you should plan out out what ur LK should be: Pure PvE(Player vs Enemy/Monster), PvP(Player vs Player) or a hybrid.

Here are the list of skills that are useful for base job. These skills will also benefit your LK later on.

Lv 0 Block -

Flame Geyser:
    If you played the old Elsword, you will notice that Flame Geyser was buffed a little. Although LK is not a magic type; many use Flame Geyser to destroy stoic (super armored/enduring) enemies. Also if the skill book system is applied (skill notes!!!) grabbing a skill note will really dish out some damage

~ Skill Note explanation will come out after the skill book is applied to our server :3 ~

Roll:
    Useful at dodging attacks in pvp and pve (like the frigging lasers of some bosses). Good at level 1 cause the skill doesn't change that much. Be warned though that it consume 1% of ur HP per use.

Lv 5 Block -

Fatal Fury and Mega Slash are outshined by Flame Geyser any time. I discourage you to get this skills but its up to you if you guys really want one of them.

Lv 10 Block -

Assault Slash: or Sword Wave

Assault Slash:
    Buffed like Flame Geyser, Assault Slash's damage is further increased (form 282% P.Atak to 348% P.Atak) and if you havge a skill note the damage will still increase. This base skill is one of the best choices for your future LK. It costs 100 MP with a high damage and fast execution. Well knocking down the enemy might be a minor downside of this, nonetheless this skill is still good for a finisher move.

Note:
    Assault Slash is more into PvE than PvP, because of its narrow range and fast execution. If you get this, Max it!
    If used with Armageddon Blade, this skill works wonders in PvP. Increasing its range and height of the hitbox is a good thing.

Sword Wave
    If you don't want Assault Slash, Sword wave is a good tool for PvP for being an active skill with 50 MP cost! This skill is also good for PvE because of it straight line sweeping ability. Sword Wave beats Assault Slash in accuracy because of its wide range but it suffers with its slow activation(compared with Assault Slash).

Note:
    Sword Wave is good for both PvP and PvE. Like Assault Slash; If you get this, Max it!

Lv 15 Block -

Counter Attack: or Block:

Counter Attack:
    ah.. Pick this Please and forget block! hahaha

Block:
    Like the Guard skill of FG (Fury Guardian - Chung)
    Elsword blocks incoming attacks with his sword reducing the damage dealt.

Note:
    Lets do math....
    at lvl 20 its blocks 88% of damge (WOOW) at cast of 4mp per second (why!)
    why not get this?

You expose your back and the recover animation is slow that your enemies can combo you cause your open.

Counter Chance:
    Necessary for a PvP person. Because of the new Skill tree the activation is always 100% so better leave it at lvl 1

Lv 20 Block -

Unlimited Blade or Triple Geyser

Unlimited Blade and Triple Geyser... Good damaging skills but for 250 and 300MP its doesn't stand out that much. There are better skills that will come so skip this block.
    But if you have to chose; Pick Triple Geyser, It really is powerful (sometimes powerful than double slash eventhough LKs have a low M.Atak)

Side note: It is Ideal to have One 300MP costing skill only.

Section 1.2 - Sword Knight (First Job)

Disregard Basic Strength Training to have more skill points for you other skills

Lv 15 Block -

Air Slash:
    Serves as a combo extender or cathcer for PvP and PvE. Best to leave it at lv 1. Put some points if you have nothing else to put on.

Lv 25 Block -

Spiral Blast:
    This is more into PvE. A good skill to have, max it if you can.

Kick:
    Max it for PvP. Reduces your KD (knockdown) counter. If your an addict for PvP best use a skill note for this.
    Lv it to 10 if you are not much of a PvP person.

Lv 30 Block -

Weapon Break or Armor Break

Weapon Break:
    Like the Weapon Breaker of Overtaker. Breaks your opponents weapon nullifying their attack power.

Armor Break:
    ah... The Bread and Butter Skill of the LK. It deals damage and has a chane to BREAK your opponets armor NULLIFYING their P.Def.

with the skill revamp, Armor Break became a monster.

Lets do math again...

Old AB lv 1 deals 150% P.atak and 20% armor break
    Old AB lv 5 (max) deals 350% P.atak and 60% armor break

New AB lv 1 deals 465% P.atak and 21% armor break
    New AB lv 8 (max of lvl 38) deals 571% P.atak and 42% armor break
    if maxed to lvl 20 deals approximately 800% P.atak and 80% armor break

Note:
    so yeah.. I choose Armor Break anytime

Lv 35 Block -

Vitality or Auto Guard:

Well I will NEVER trade additional Mana Gain for a measly 14% chance of auto guard in PvE! (half it in PvP, meaning 7%).
    So yeah.. vitality please!

Lv 40 Block -

Double Slash or Armageddon Blade

This is where you cry...
    Both of Double Slash and Armageddon Blade got nerfed badly;
    Double Slash from its Damge from 1796% P.atak + 697%P.atak to a wooping 1112%P.atak + 660% P.atak ;A;
    and Armageddong Blade for its early Duration.

This is where you decide what you become.

If you choose Double Slash, you will become a pure PvE LK
    and Armageddon Blade will do well in PvP and will fair in PvE

Well... Your choice

Stoic/Iron Body
    Damage Reduction and Super Armor.
    Abuse when you need to win or feel danger or tank for your friends.

Section 1.3 - Lord Knight (Second Job)

again Disregard first the Intermediate Strength Training.

Lv 35 Block -

Rolling Smash-
    You'll see yourself spining around as this magnificent thing will be one of your core skills in either PvP or PvE (mostly PvE though ) Good for catching and combo extender. Damage was lowered a bit but the range was increased.
    If you don't want to use Rolling Smash.... then DONT PLAY LK EVER AGAIN! <---- Joke :3

Here's a video Showing why Rolling Smash is the MOST EPIC SKILL EVER!!!!

ah the wonders of Rolling Smash

Lv 45 Block -

Sonic Blade: or Impact Smasher:

Both two skills works in PvP and PvE, so choose according to your playstyle. I prefer Impact Smasher cause I really use this alot.

Sonic Blade:
    Elsword can move even before the animation is finished, meaning you can use to juke escape and chase some of your enemies. This skill also stun enemies so you can combo them.

Impact Smasher:
    The best thing from Impact Smasher is you can cancel MP break charging, which is more into PVP. In addition, you gain Stoic during the animation and has 50% to stun your enemies.

Note:
    Both are good skills and have stuns. You might have a little problem with Impact Smasher with the LAG though (I warn you, our country has a really laggy connection).

Lv 50 Block -

Powerful Strike: or Counter Patience:

Powerful Strike:
    This passive Amplifies the damage of your ACTIVES; I repeat, ACTIVES not your Special Actives. It strengthen your skills at the cost of a higher cooldown duration.

for lvl1 - 1.5% increase dmg for 2% increase in CD
    for lvl2 - 3% increase dmg for 4% increase in CD

This skill is quite tempting especially on higher levels (12% dmg for 20% CD at the KR servers) it will really beef up your actives and will be devastating.

Counter Patience:
    Increases physical damage for a short period when attacked during debuff. If you have any debuff, your Physical Attack will +75 at lv1 and +150 at lvl2 (+600 at max lv of the lvl 70 cap)in 10 second durations.

side note:
    In KR servers; CP bonuses were changed to percentage values ranging from +0.75% to +6% P.Atak.
    Also this skill has some slight issues with Pain Suppression passive (lvl 60 passive). Well it doesn't matter for now :3

Note:
    Powerful Strike's 12% increase damage is GOOD but the 20% increase CD slaps harder and if you pvp often; you would not like to increase the CD time of your actives like kick and stoic. I'd go with Counter Patience for this one.

Section 2 - Builds

Section 2.1 - Optimized Skill Build for the level cap: (lv 48)

I felt that this guide is somewhat lacking/vague so I added this section to improve it quite a bit.

PvP1

This build is optimized for the players who can loop combo with Impact Smasher skill or just chase and
    corner your opponents at pvp.
    I also invested some SPs for Air Slash for its great catching or Juggling Potential (many combos of LKs revolve around this skill)

here's theLINK

PvP2

For players who are accustomed to Sonic Blade play-style. Like Air Slash; LKs combos often use this skill to stun your opponents

here's theLINK

PvE/Hybrid

Basic PvE/Hybrid LK.

Section 2.2 - Optimized Skill Build for the level cap: (lv 50)

PvP/Hybrid

This is Optimized for your PvPing pleasures :3
    This build chose Counter Patience so you can have a bit of advantage when you receive some debuffs (mostly likely curse or burn).

here's the LINK

PvE

Powerful Strike has some uses in PvE, or if you just feel like getting an extra power for your actives :3

here's the LINK

Section 3 - Tips and Tricks

Section 3.1 - Combos

Sword Knight Combos

Lord Knight Combos

Section 3.2 - SKill Slots

This skills slots listed can be change for your own personal preference.

Some Questions:

Q. can you play without a skill slot?
    A. yes, even if you don't have a skill slot you'll do fine in both fields.

Q. is it worth buying?
    A. It well really help you in many ways for having a good move pool so that you can be unpredictable in PvP.

PvP Skill Slots

Skill Slot A only

a Debuff + Stun + KD reset and you can juggle opponents, Plus!!! stoic for defensive purposes
    You can replace Impact Smasher with Sonic Blade or Roll. And switch Weapon Break with Armor Break if you didn't pick it.

with B slot

To further increase your playstyle and juggling capabilities.
    You can switch counterattack when Sandstorm/Whirlwind Arrive in lv 55 skill block.

PvE Skill Slots

Skill Slot A only

Sword Wave to charge your destruction gauge + Armageddon Blade and Rolling Smash combo.
    Replace Sword Wave with Armor Break if you want some debuffs for the boss.

with B slot

Triple Geyser for Boss Nuking add some Armor Break for your other damage if the boss is still alive :3

Section 3.3 - SKill Book and Notes

Yay for the arrival of the skill book. You can get this by unlocking it through the quest from ariel or buy it for 60php

some questions:

Q. is the Quest for Skill Book easy?
    A. yes, its easy... But time and stamina consuming... As in it eats your 70% - 90% stamina!

Q. is the skill book worth getting/buying?
    A. Well yes especially if you will PvP alot.

Q. can you play without a skill book/note
    A. Yes! Skill notes are not that OP. It only improves your skills in a certain way :3.

Some are Sold in the Cash Shop (for now its only 3) but its advisable you go hunt for them or buy it form the market if you are quite lazy such as a person like me :3
    Here is the list of available skill notes:

Section 3.3.1 - Base Job Skill Notes

Skill: Flame Geyser
    Skill Note Name: Lava Gusher
    Effect: Increases the height and width of Flame Geyser's fire by 20%. Target will also burn for 10 seconds.
    Other Notes: One word... AWESOME!!!! your flame geyser size was increased for 20% and it will now burn enemies touched by it! Flame Geyser outshines other 200MP skills because of this. Mostly for PvE though :3
    How to get: From Monster drop or buy it from the market

Skill: Fatal Fury
    Skill Note Name: A Man's Retreat
    Effect: If the skill missed at the first hit, the skill will be canceled immediately and Elsword will recover 50% MP. After the first hit damage will increase by 20% and the skill can not be mana broken from there on.
    Other Notes: If you use Fatal Fury and you love it so much then this note will help you recover from those miscalculated executions. Good for PvP cause you can refund some MP used and cancels the whole skill if you missed.
    How to get: From Monster drop or buy it from the market. Or if Henir's Space Time is applied in our Server.

Skill: Assualt Slash
    Skill Note Name: Swift Foot Stance
    Effect: Adds 3 more hits to the skill, and makes the hits 50% faster and further.
    Other Notes: If you chose Assualt Slash over Sword Wave then its better to use this skill note. It makes the skill execute faster and has a further range, also the added hits is good too.
    How to get: From Monster drop or buy it from the market. Or complete the Skill Note Quest from Bethma Blacksmith, Toma.

Skill: Counterattack
    Skill Note Name: Risk Analysis
    Effect: Counterattack gives a 2x defense buff for 4 seconds
    Other Notes: Its good to have this if you use counterattack often and IF you can always time your opponents attack that good. Used for PvP only.
    How to get: From Monster drop or buy it from the Market

Section 3.3.2 - Sword Knight Skill Notes

Skill: Air Slash
    Skill Note Name: Endless Beat Down
    Effect: Decreases the knockdown counter and has a 10% critical hit rate increase.
    Other Notes: Reduces KD counter, as if kick isn't good enough so they add another KD reducer.
    How to get: From Monster drop or buy it from the market or form the cash shop (25php).

Skill: Spiral Blast
    Skill Note Name: Enraged Precision Strike
    Effect: First hit has increased range and stuns for two seconds which places the opponent in an optimal position.
    Other Notes: Stuns the targets to ensure the blast to hit them. Good to have if you use Spiral Blast Often.
    How to get: From Monster drop or buy it from the market or form the cash shop (25php).

Skill: Kick
    Skill Note Name: Low Blow Kick I
    Effect: Increases Kick's damage by 10% and cancels Mana Break.
    Other Notes: Kick + Mana Break = OP! nuff said
    How to get: From Monster drop or buy it from the market. Or complete the Quest from Camilla, the PvP woman.

Skill: Weapon Break
    Skill Note Name: Balance Break (BALANCE BREAKER!!!! <--- LOL High School DXD)
    Effect: Damage reduction debuff +50%
    Other Notes: Further Increases the debuff. Good for PvP as you can see your opponents damage at a funny amount XD. 33% Attack Power Reduction + 50% MORE!!! = 83% WAHAHAHA
    How to get: From Monster drop or buy it from the market.

Skill: Armor Break
    Skill Note Name: Armor Destroyer
    Effect: Increases the chance of successful break by 20%.
    Other Notes: Adds 20% chance in your 45% chance to a total of 65%. WOW! Fear thy Lord Knight's SMITE! (<----- Nerd Mode Activated. STAPH)

Skill: Double Slash
    Skill Note Name: Immediate Strike
    Effect: Stunning smash damage increase by 10% and meteor damage count increase by 1
    Other Notes: If you did get Double Slash then it is advisable to get this skill note as it increases the damage of the FIRST hit by 10% and adds 1 more damage count to the second hit. Lv 6 DS w/o note has a total damage of 5144 and Lv 6 DS w/ note has a total damage of 5764.8.

Skill: Armageddon Blade
    Skill Note Name: Enhanced Sword Aura usage
    Effect: Sword Aura changes shape and critical chance increased by 10%
    Other Notes: The crit chance is much appreciated; but whats important is... It makes AB SMEXY! (<--- okay stop now)

Armageddon Blade w/o note and w/ note apperance:

Skill: Stoic/Iron Body (I'm used to calling it Stoic)
    Skill Note Name: Mind & Body Technique
    Effect: Decreases cooldown by 5 seconds, your damage increases by 10%
    Other Notes: Decreased CD and additional Damage... HOORAH!
    How to get: I think it still not applicable to us cause you can only get this either Cash SHop or Henir's Spacetime or the Secret Dungeons.

Section 3.3.3 - Skill Notes Recommendations

We'll be talking for the lv 50 cap having 4 available skill note slots in your skill book.

For PvP:

Slot 1 - Get Kick
    Slot 2 - Weapon Break/Armor Break
    Slot 3 and 4 Depends on you (either Get Armageddon Blade, Counterattack, Air Slash or Assualt Slash) or add Stoic/Iron Body if you happen to have one

For PvE:

Slot 1 - Flame Geyser
    Slot 2 - Weapon Break/Armor Break
    Slot 3 - Double Slash/Armageddon Blade
    Slot 4 - Depends on you again (either get Spiral Blast or Stoic)

For Hybrid:

Slot 1 - Weapon Break/Armor Break
    Slot 2 - Flame Geyser
    Slot 3 - Armageddon Blade
    Slot 4 - Stoic/Iron BodyorKick

Section 3.4 - El Shards

I will not explaine every attributes in detail cause someone already did that and here's the LINK for that.
    I'll only explain each attributes briefly and what it does for our LKs.

Every Element can be raised to three levels and upgrades their bonuses.

3.4.1 - Stacking Elemental Effects

Stacking Elements can stack their effects upto three times hence the name of their group.

Fire(Burning):
    Fire burns your opponents (DUH! <---****** Guy) giving DoT (damage over time). Good for killing enemies/bosses or characters(Elswords, and Chungs(<--- when he is released)) with High HP values.
    Enemies can die with the DoT
    The DoT is based in your Weapon's attack power.

Here's the attribute table:

Blaze (Lv1) 5% Chance of Effect
    Stacked 1 Time: Deals 30% of the weapon's attack power over 10 seconds.
    Stacked 2 Times: Deals 45% of the weapon's attack power over 10 seconds.
    Stacked 3 Times: Deals 60% of the weapon's attack power over 10 seconds.

Master Blaze (Lv2) 8% Chance of Effect
    Stacked 1 Time: Deals 60% of the weapon's attack power over 10 seconds.
    Stacked 2 Times: Deals 90% of the weapon's attack power over 10 seconds.
    Stacked 3 Times: Deals 120% of the weapon's attack power over 10 seconds.

Triple Master Blaze (Lv3) 10% Chance of Effect
    Stacked 1 Time: Deals 90% of the weapon's attack power over 10 seconds.
    Stacked 2 Times: Deals 135% of the weapon's attack power over 10 seconds.
    Stacked 3 Times: Deals 180% of the weapon's attack power over 10 seconds.

Image Indicator while burning:

Water(Freezing):
    Freezes your enemies Slowing their movement speed and reducing BOTH physical and magical defenses. Its really good to catch enemies in PvP especially thos pesky one (Renas, Aishas and BMs).

Frozen (Lv1) 6% Chance of Effect
    Stacked 1 Time: Lowers movement speed by 30%, and ignore your opponent's defense by 30% for 10 seconds.
    Stacked 2 Times: Lowers movement speed by 45%, and ignore your opponent's defense by 45% for 10 seconds.
    Stacked 3 Times: Lowers movement speed by 60%, and ignore your opponent's defense by 60% for 10 seconds.

Master Frozen (Lv2) 12% Chance of Effect
    Stacked 1 Time: Lowers movement speed by 30%, and ignore your opponent's defense by 30% for 13 seconds.
    Stacked 2 Times: Lowers movement speed by 45%, and ignore your opponent's defense by 45% for 13 seconds.
    Stacked 3 Times: Lowers movement speed by 60%, and ignore your opponent's defense by 60% for 13 seconds.

Triple Master Frozen (Lv3) 15% Chance of Effect
    Stacked 1 Time: Lowers movement speed by 30%, and ignore your opponent's defense by 30% for 17 seconds.
    Stacked 2 Times: Lowers movement speed by 45%, and ignore your opponent's defense by 45% for 17 seconds.
    Stacked 3 Times: Lowers movement speed by 60%, and ignore your opponent's defense by 60% for 17 seconds.

Image Indicator while freezing:

Nature(Poisoning):
    Nature is like both fire + water except it does not reduce movement speed rather it reduces the attack speed of your enemies. It deals good DoT and attack speed debuff.
    Like burning, your enemies can die in the DoT.

Poison (Lv1) 5% Chance of Effect
    Stacked 1 Time: Deals 20% of the weapon's attack power over 10 seconds. Lowers Attack speed by 8% for 10 seconds.
    Stacked 2 Times: Deals 30% of the weapon's attack power over 10 seconds. Lowers Attack speed by 12% for 10 seconds.
    Stacked 3 Times: Deals 40% of the weapon's attack power over 10 seconds. Lowers Attack speed by 16% for 10 seconds.

Master Poison (Lv2) 8% Chance of Effect
    Stacked 1 Time: Deals 45% of the weapon's attack power over 10 seconds. Lowers Attack speed by 8% for 10 seconds.
    Stacked 2 Times: Deals 67% of the weapon's attack power over 10 seconds. Lowers Attack speed by 12% for 10 seconds.
    Stacked 3 Times: Deals 90% of the weapon's attack power over 10 seconds. Lowers Attack speed by 16% for 10 seconds.

Triple Master Poison (Lv3) 10% Chance of Effect
    Stacked 1 Time: Deals 67% of the weapon's attack power over 10 seconds. Lowers Attack speed by 8% for 10 seconds.
    Stacked 2 Times: Deals 101% of the weapon's attack power over 10 seconds. Lowers Attack speed by 12% for 10 seconds.
    Stacked 3 Times: Deals 135% of the weapon's attack power over 10 seconds. Lowers Attack speed by 16% for 10 seconds.

Image Indicator while poisoned:

3.4.2 - Instant Effect Elements

These elements' effects only work once each time they occur and do not stack, hence the name of their group.

Wind(Piercing):
    Wind bypasses the enemies defences and it deals a bonus of 40% damage based on your weapon's attack power. It also turns the knockdown value of your attack to 0 when piercing takes effect.
    Its good wind if you confident with your skills and if you can do long chained combos.

Piercing (Lv1) 6% Chance of Effect
    Master Piercing (Lv2) 12% Chance of Effect
    Triple Master Piercing (Lv3) 15% Chance of Effect

Light(Petrifying):
    Light Petrifies your opponents turning them to stone and stopping them from moving or attacking. This gives you chance to openly combo them.
    The downside of this attribute is that your enemies gain 10% on BOTH physical and magical defence.

Shock (Lv1) 5% Chance of Effect, petrifies enemies for 2 seconds. Petrified enemies gain 10% defense.
    Master Shock (Lv2) 8% Chance of Effect, petrifies enemies for 2.5 seconds. Petrified enemies gain 10% defense.
    Triple Master Shock (Lv3) 10% Chance of Effect, petrifies enemies for 3 seconds. Petrified enemies gain 10% defense.

Image Indicator while petrified:

Dark(Plagued):
    Dark drains a certain amount of HP and MP from enemies. This works well especially in PvE.

Snatch (Lv1) 5% Chance of Effect, drains 20% of the weapon's attack power as HP and 10 MP.
    Master Snatch (Lv2) 8% Chance of Effect, drains 40% of the weapon's attack power as HP and 20 MP.
    Triple Master Snatch (Lv3) 10% Chance of Effect, drains 60% of the weapon's attack power as HP and 30 MP.

Section 3.4.3 - El Shards for Weapons

Each weapon can be attributed up to three times. Either you choose 1 particular element and uprgrade it to level three like FireIII or split it to 2 elements of different groups like FireII/WindI.
    This part of the guide will be discusing if an element is good or bad for LKs (only LKs)

For PvE/Hybrid

Fire I/II/III Great for PvE and is best for dealing extra damage. You will see mobs HP dropping fast resulting to a faster dungeon clear time.

Water I/II/III Not optimized for PvE cause you don't care if the mobs got slowed. Also Lks has Armor Break which also bypasses the enemies effect so its not appropriate for them to have that 60% bonus bypass.

Nature I/II/III Like water, nature is less effective in PvE. But the DoT is quite helpful too.

Wind I/II/III If you know how to combo mobs then it is good to have Wind in PvE. Although bosses will counter you if you reach a certain attack count, also Super Armored Mobs will still be attacking you.

Light I/II/II Not also good to have in PvE cause it kinda buffs the mobs with petrify.

Dark I/II/III If you feel or need that bonus HP/MP gain, feel free to give it a go.

Best Choices

Fire I/II/III[/b] and Dark I/II/III are the best choices for PvE. Fire for extra damage and Dark for extra survivability.

For PvP

Fire I/II/III Like mentiond on PvE/Hybrid; good in burning those with Bulky HPs. It also helps you damage those runners or those who charge for mana (Renas and Aishas)

Water I/II/III The defence bypass is wasted because of the Armor Break but its fun to see your opponents crippled becuase of the stacking movement speed slow.

Nature I/II/III Good to have in PvP especailly if you always encounter BMs or WS or any other melee characters cause it reduces their attack speed which gives an advantage to head-on battles.

Wind I/II/III Mentioned on PvE; you have to be able to combo or chain long enough to abuse this. If you are confident with your skills then give it a shot.

Light I/II/II Made for those who have single-shot skills or attacks, but it can work well with LKs too even if they recieve a 10% defence bonus. Why? cause ofARMOR BREAK.

Dark I/II/III If you feel or need that bonus HP/MP gain, feel free to give it a go.

Best Choices

Fire I/II/III[/b], Nature I/II/III and Wind I/II/III are best to have in PvP for having those wonderful effect. Water I/II/III is also good but you'll be wasting that bonus damage it provides.

Section 3.4.4 - El Shards for Armors

Yes. You can put elemental attributes to your armor giving corresponding resists to that particular element.
    This time its all about preference or necessity.

If you happen to fight opponents that always use that certain element, it is wise to build a resist for them.
    But also take account those who naturaly have (like EMs) and elements that are really pesky for you (Like Water, Nature).

Thats all. :3

Section 3.5 - Socketing Eqps

Now for the sockets.
    Elsword (game) has 11 acquirable stats for sockets.

Stat Name: HP or Health/Hit Points
    Stat Effect: Increases your Max HP +x% amount.
    Stat Limit: +50% additional HP
    Other Notes: HP stacking is always good and LKs are a semi-tank class so its much appriciated.

Stat Name: Critical
    Stat Effect: Increases your Critcal Hit Rate +x% amount.
    Stat Limit: as for as I know, Critical Hit rate doesn't have a limit and you can go to 100% - Normalization occurs in 40%
    Other Notes: Critical for Exrended damage is ALWAYS good in every game.

Stat Name: Add. Damage or Additional Damage
    Stat Effect: Increases your damage (both magical and physical) that works in both PvE and PvP.
    Stat Limit: +50% additional Add. Damage - Normalization occurs in 23.5% - 23.85%
    Other Notes: Additional damage is nice, but this is inferior to critical anyways. But still good.

Stat Name: Accuracy
    Stat Effect: Increases your Accuracy +x% amount.
    Stat Limit: +30% additional Acc - Normalization occurs in 20%
    Other Notes: For you not to miss every single attack you make in PvE and mostly PvP

Stat Name: Awk Charge or Awakening Charge Speed
    Stat Effect: Increases your Awakening Charge Speed +x%
    Stat Limit: +50% additional Awk Charge - Normalization occurs in 23.5% - 23.85%
    Other Notes: Awakening is always useful. It save you butt getting kicked in PvP so take it.

Stat Name: Awk Time or Awakening Time
    Stat Effect: Increases your Awaken Duration +x%
    Stat Limit: +40% or 36 seconds (roughly) additional Awk time - Normalization occurs in 23.5% - 23.85%
    Other Notes: Awakening Improves some of your stats so its nice to extend that duration.

Stat Name: Evasion
    Stat Effect: Increases your Dodge Rate +x% amount.
    Stat Limit: +30% additional Dodge Rate - Normalization occurs in 20%
    Other Notes: So that you can evade some attacks your opponents throw at you. And also so that they can't lock you in their combos.

Stat Name: Red. Damage or Damage Reduction
    Stat Effect: Reduce the damage taken (both magical and physical) that works in both PvE and PvP.
    Stat Limit: +50% additional Red. Damage - Normalization occurs in 23.5% - 23.85%
    Other Notes: Again, LKs are semi-tanks so reduction of damage recieved is always gooooood.

Stat Name: Attack Speed
    Stat Effect: Increases your Attack Speed +x% amount.
    Stat Limit: +30% additional Atk Spd - Normalization occurs in 20%
    Other Notes: 1 of the triplets of speeds that you want to have, especially if you pvp often. Keep this at 20% MINIMUM

Stat Name: Movement Speed
    Stat Effect: Increases your Movement Speed +x% amount.
    Stat Limit: +30% additional Mov Spd - Normalization occurs in 20%
    Other Notes: 1 of the triplets of speeds that you want to have, especially if you pvp often. Keep this at 20% MINIMUM

Stat Name: Jump Speed
    Stat Effect: Increases your Jump Speed +x% amount.
    Stat Limit: +30% additional Jmp Spd - Normalization occurs in 20%

Section 3.5.1 - Recommended Stats

I know I have said this already but LKs are semi tanks so having a good bulk of your defensive stats is really ideal.

First Priorities

First of the bat is Health Points!:
    Having Bulky Hp is the BEST. You can tank mobs and bosses in dungeons and you can live and escape your opponents combos if you did some mistakes.
    Also having big HP = Heals are much faster. hahahah

Crit Chance:
    Critical Chance for success nuff said.

Movement Speed, Attack Speed, and Jump Speed:
    Always get this three at a minimun of 20%; M-I-N-I-M-U-M.
    Why? Cause it makes your life easier in everyway possible. Helps you catch and lockdown enemies at PvP, Helps you manuver faster in PvE.

Accuracy:
    Saves your life for missing alot. HAHAHAHA

Secondary Priorities

Red. Damage:
    Well you have stoic anyways and you are not the main tank. But getting some this is good for your own survivability.

Add. Damage:
    Its good to have bonus damage but this is inferior than critical. So better get critical first.

Evasion:
    You are a tank. Your defences can take hits before you drop dead on the floor. Better get some hp or red. damage for this

Awk charge/Time:
    LKs are not that much dependent on Awakening but having a good Awk Charge saves you in PvP.

Section 3.5.2 - Recommended Sockets

If you have to socket your Gears and Costumes (especially IB sets), it is always a MUST to socket them with DUAL STONES.
    It gives you 2 stats for the price of one, so its really importan if you want to max multiple stats.

Here is the List of Dual Stone and its effects:

Dual Stone Name: Magic Stone of Destruction
    Dual Stone Effect: Sockets your equipment with Critical Hit Rate and HP.

Dual Stone Name: Magic Stone of Explosion
    Dual Stone Effect: Sockets your equipment with Additional Damage and Reduction Damage.

Dual Stone Name: Magic Stone of Quickness
    Dual Stone Effect: Sockets your equipment with Attack Speed, Movement and Jump Speed.

Dual Stone Name: Magic Stone of Combustion
    Dual Stone Effect: Sockets your equipment with Evasion and Accuracy

Dual Stone Name: Magic Stone of Wrath
    Dual Stone Effect: Sockets your equipment with Awakening Time and Awakening Charge Speed.

I'll end this for now. Wait fo the updates :3

Credits to Elwiki for the skill description and calculations and for the combos
    Credits to Milonar for his wonderful guides
    Credits to the Elsword Skill Calculator

Peace out :3
    Last edited by krosscleve; 01-21-2014 at 08:25 PM.

|LK GUIDE |IP GUIDE|
    IGN = Zathariel (LK) | AzeliaChan (CE) |

Re: Elsword - Lord Knight Skill Build PvP and PvE

dude di ba useful ung passives na basic and intermediate strength training ? di ba worth it ?

{newb here}

Its ok to put some in them for now lv 48 cap...
    You might need to reset if you hit lvl 65 to 70 because of the higher SP requirement and the Hyper Active skills

|LK GUIDE |IP GUIDE|

For pvp players who don't use cross drops (^vx or ^xv) for combos, u might need to put impact smash instead because the stun resets the knockdown counter which is a very good situation for extending combos, And if you're lucky enough, you might be doing loops with it. Another reason is that sonic blade's cooldown is nerfed too hard (from 5 seconds to 12)

/just some cents there
    Kultosis|Youki|ChrisLeFist|Valerosa|HideyoChung|VobboShirou|??????????

Thumbs up Re: Elsword - Lord Knight Skill Build PvP and PvE

" Originally Posted by Kultosis "
    For pvp players who don't use cross drops (^vx or ^xv) for combos, u might need to put impact smash instead because the stun resets the knockdown counter which is a very good situation for extending combos, And if you're lucky enough, you might be doing loops with it. Another reason is that sonic blade's cooldown is nerfed too hard (from 5 seconds to 12)

/just some cents there
    Oh, tnx for pointing that out. I do not play PvP very often (cause of the LAG of the Server) so I have a limited tips and tricks for PvP.
    Thank you for your comment . I learned something again today /no1

|LK GUIDE |IP GUIDE|

.... I do not know if this thread is bad or is dead. hahahah
    Nobody post comments or suggestions @_@

|LK GUIDE |IP GUIDE|

Alright, I guess I'll take the first comments.

I recommend getting maxed Flame Geyser and Triple Geyser for PvE builds. The reason behind this is that:

1. Lack of Double Slash (it was heavily nerfed already anyway, so Arma Blade is definitely better and good all around). We need a boss killer burst skill, and Triple Geyser will make up for that.
    2. Triple Geyser packs quite a punch, especially when paired with Awakening. Even an LK with low MATK can dish out huge burst damage on bosses by getting maxed Vitality, then spamming Triple Geyser - Flame Geyser - Armor Break (should level 55 cap arrive, follow with Sandstorm) all the while attacking in between and utilizing Vitality to its fullest extent.
    3. Spiral Blast needs some tweaking honestly, and I feel that this skill lacks a lot as opposed to its 200 MP requirement (would be much better if it only needed 100 MP IMO, or it really was made as powerful as some other 200 MP skills out there). Flame Geyser is much, much better, especially with skill note. I think dropping the skill for Triple Geyser/Flame Geyser is best.

When Sandstorm arrives, perhaps it's okay to drop Triple Geyser, but I would keep it solely with the fact that Dark III coupled with Vitality aura can easily make up for the MP requirement of Triple Geyser along with LK's other burst skills.

Sword Wave, I feel, is kinda debatable. I feel that Arma Blade is decent enough for AoE capabilities, especially when doing >>^XXX (last X is optional if you're saving Vit aura). There are other ways to increase the Destruction gauge anyway.

Counter Patience IMO even for PvE. Powerful Strike's added CD is horrible.

Other than those above, a pretty solid build for PvE IMO.

" Originally Posted by krosscleve "
    Hi and thanks for the suggestions :3

Here's my idea with your comments:

1. I maxed sword wave cause of its "usability" in the lv 48 and 50 caps.

2. Spiral Blast is really lacking for a 200 mp skill but if noted it causes stun which lets the blast to take full hits. Flame Geyser + skill note beats Spiral blast with its usage anytime though. hahahhaha

3. I did consider Triple Geyser, but for those who doesn't have Plague III this will hurt their mana pool. (well vitality is enough anyway :3)

4. Powerful Strikes is really horrible. I mean seriously you get 1.5% power fro 2% increase CD; that's not good @_@

5. Thanks for the Suggestions Again :3
    1. I see... I guess it's personal preference. I don't like it since it drastically increases destruction gauge (or reduces vitality quite profusely) so I never got it. It didn't have a good slot for my set of skills anyway. But it does have nice potential in mob clearing though.

2. Note mostly makes it useful for smaller mobs, but there's hardly any difference when it's on a large boss. It might get interesting though when the KR patch comes where it gets physical attack parameters (along with an additional blast hit) but for now, flame geyser all the way.

3. Yeah, vitality is really helpful to gain the MP. And it is for PvE after all, so potions will definitely help.Triple Geyser is very helpful on getting double cubes during FBH because of how much damage it deals (along with Flame Geyser) especially since we lack powerful burst skills like Sword Fire/Rising Wave that RS have.

4. Yeah... I would never consider the skill at all, even if for PvE. At least Counter Patience can be utilized effectively when, let's say, you get hit by a Necromancer's cloud, for example, or how about the flame from the Puppet boss in 5-4? And the Bleed inflicted by one of the Field boss girls in Velder too will allow an LK to make use of the additional damage.

5. No problem.

Crit or Add Dmg for LK?....

" Originally Posted by sgt_broccoli "
    Crit or Add Dmg for LK?....
    Well in all sense; Critical damage is superior than Add damage.
    But it is good to have some.

|LK GUIDE |IP GUIDE|

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... Last